Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Crochet in a Music Video!!!!!!!

Way back over this past summer, I saw that Christina Perri was doing a lyric video for her song Distance from her Lovestrong Album. She asked for her fans to create the words for the lyrics in the video. The first 190 people replying would get a word to make, so I replied and surprisingly, got a word! My word was "TO". And you'll see it below my word TO, crocheted! :) Then about a month later, I got another email from her crew saying they wanted to know if I'd do another word for the video, UP. Sure! I was working on cotton doilies at the time, so I crocheted the word UP into the burgundy one below.  The first 5 pictures here are pictures I shot from stopping the video on my words, they were shown 5 times. The word UP is spinning on the bike tire in the very beginning :) The last 2 pictures below are my originals I took before mailing them off to Hollywood California!  And here is the link to her video Distance .
 The one above is near the end of the video, and the pic below is shown so fast you'll probably miss it!

 Middle of the video
 Beginning of video

 My two originals before being mailed out :)

7 comments:

Mlissabeth said...

This is so fun! I bet it was awesome to see your creation getting some international exposure.

hooksandyarns said...

Oh wow - that is so cool! Congratulations! :)

Pammy Sue said...

Very cool, Nancy! How fun.

Teresa Kasner said...

That is so cool to have your things be part of a music video!! Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Eileen said...

Awesome Nancy. Congrats on making your crochet "famous". How cool is that?

CrochetBlogger said...

Very cool. I helped let the world know about your crochet loveliness in a post over at Crochet Concupiscence today.

http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2011/11/can-you-spot-the-crochet-in-this-music-video/

Chain Stitch Crochet said...

I've been out of the loop for a little while but decided to meander over and see who's posting and saw this. How awesome for you!!