Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hoodie/sweater

This sweater is from the pattern in the October issue of Crochet World magazine. The boy in the picture in the magazine must be wearing the size 10. They have sizes for 4, 6, 8 & 10 for this pattern. My little guy is 2 1/2 so I did size 4. I think this pattern is just not quite right for the smaller size. First, the hood is WAY to big for a size 4. Next, the pocket on the front is the same size for all 4 sizes, and it takes up the entire front of the size 4. The arms seem too long and the body too short. And the ribbing around the bottom should be a bit tighter than the sweater, but it actually fans out making it look girlish. The amount of yarn you need for the main color and size 4 they say is 25oz. I used less than 16 oz.
I used Caron deep violet & Bernat dark sage for the trim.

Front pocket

No comments: