Friday, April 8, 2011

New on the hook...

Here is what I've been working on lately. Giant sized version of these popular Japanese flowers that I whipped up. Then found I had a big hole between the flowers, so I created the yellow one to fill it in. I'd like to make it big enough for a throw.
I'm nuts over these 4 colors lately! 2 row grannies, J hook, join as you go. I'm aiming for 30x30 square count :) The way I am joining them gives a layered affect that is really neat, but it don't seem to show much in the pic.

I've been working on this for quite a while now, not even half way yet, but hey...there's no hurry. I love having a good long project to work on when I need to. :)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm with you on the colours. It's not a combination I'd come up with but they look great together. The flower throw is beautiful!

CrochetBlogger said...

Love the way you filled in with the yellow flowers. Looks great!

Lea said...

Beautiful! I love the colors....

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Interesting colour combo. I love the flowers! They look great!

Anonymous said...

OOH wow! It is beautiful! Love how you joined the colors making diagonals ! truly inspiring :)
You should really continue on it because it will be terrific when done!
Love the flowers too!
Angie

Anonymous said...

How do you join your squares?