Thursday, March 21, 2013

Crocheted Macrame Cord

I've been experimenting with trying to crochet with macrame cord since last summer. I made this doormat with 6mm cord. The pattern you might recognise, it's the sunburst pattern and there is a great tutorial in that link. I've made a large blanket and a shawl from this pattern, and few other things. 

 It does take alot of macrame cord to make this. I used all+ of my 100 yard green making this, most of the purple , a nice dent in the pink and black, and here in NY a roll of that cost $9. But the good thing is this cord really lasts and won't fade. It's just too pretty to use:) I would like to make more.

I also made a little basket out of the 2mm cord. I don't have any good pictures of it yet, but soon!


2 comments:

Luanne @ Crochet My Heart said...

Love your doormat! very inviting. ♥

Sheila said...

Ms. Nancy, have you ever tried using Red Heart Super Saver yarn and crocheting a foundation chain of any kind, then using the chain to macrame with? I noticed macrame yarn is more expensive and I'm wanted to use what I already have in my stash to work with, if possible. I'm having a difficult time locating info online and was curious. Also, just so you know I wouldn't really be doing any macrame knots with it. I wanted to cover an aluminum chair of my grandma's, so the tutorials on youtube are mostly weaving with macrame cord/yarn. TIA.